Fuming Sulphuric Acid (Oleum)
The Fuming Sulphuric Acid, also known as Oleum, produced by Marchi Industriale S.p.A. is obtained using a modern contact catalytic process that uses pure sulphur in elemental form as raw material. This type of production process, combined with adequate arrangements for storage, with checks on both the finished product, on raw materials, and on intermediate production, ensure a high degree of purity appreciated by many leading companies in the production of detergents, pesticides or other industrial products.
EC Index no. 016-019-00-2
- Raw material in different industrial chemical processes
- Raw material in the sulphonation processes for the manufacture of cleaning products
- Raw material in the production of explosives
- Synthesis of active ingredients for pesticides
All equipment in contact with the product, from storage to dosage, should be in stainless steel or suitable acid-resistant material. For handling and any other information concerning users’ safety and health, please refer to the Material Safety Data Sheet, which should be peremptorily requested at the time of the first order.
- Formula: H2 - S - O4 + S - O3
- Titre: 104.5 - 106.5 % H2SO4 ; 20.0 - 28.9 % SO3
- Appearance: clear, colourless oily liquid
- Odour: pungent
- Boiling Point (104% concentration): 144°C
- Boiling Point (105.5% concentration): 132°C
- Melting point (104% concentration): 1°C
- Melting point (105.5% concentration): 10°C
- Solubility: completely soluble in water with strong heat development. It reacts very violently.
- Relative density (20°C - 104% concentration): 1.900 g/cm3
- Relative density (20°C ? 105.5% concentration ): 1.934 g/cm3
WARNING: The information contained in this data sheet is based on our most up-to-date knowledge, but not constitute a warranty.