Polyaluminium chloride hydroxide 10% Al2O3
FLOMAR® 10B40 is a liquid inorganic flocculant, completely miscible in water, whose active principle is constituted by a polymer complex of hydroxy-aluminium ions.
10B40 is supplied in aqueous solution in order to simplify transport, storage and dosage. Its advantages compared to traditional flocculants (ferric chloride and/or aluminium sulphate) are:
- Higher flocculant power, due to the formation of larger flakes, with a resulting higher sedimentation rate
- More easily filterable decanted mud
- High effectiveness in a wide pH range, which makes the use of neutralizing agents, such as caustic soda or lime unnecessary
- Lower decrease in treated water pH
- Higher reduction of turbidity with the same active principle expressed as Al2O3, with consequent saving of reactive
- Good performance at low temperatures too
- In case of overdoses, an increase in the turbidity of the treated water is not to be reported, therefore making it suitable for water, whose suspended solid content varies suddenly and casually
- Besides clarification there is also a drastic abatement of COD and of phosphorous concentration in treated water.
Areas of application
The concentration of aluminium makes FLOMAR®
10B40 particularly suitable for treatments that need a careful regulation of product dosages, above all for the treatment of industrial and civil waste water, as well as for the processes of sizing in the paper industry. Moreover FLOMAR®
10B40 is compliant with the “Type 1” category of the European Standard 883:1997 (Chemicals used for treatment of water intended for human consumption - Polyaluminium chloride hydroxide and Polyaluminium chloride hydroxide sulfate), as well as with the technical specifications of UNICHIM C-5 Technical Sheet (Chemicals used for treatment of water intended for human consumption - Polyaluminium chloride hydroxide sulphate), therefore it can be used in the clarification of water intended to water purification.
Conditions of use
10B40 can be dosed as is or diluted. In this latter case, the dilution water should always be demineralized or distilled.
10B40, if properly stored, can be considered stable over time. It is recommended, however, in order to retain all the properties of the product, to carry out a thorough cleaning of storage tanks at least every 12 months. It is also good practice not to keep the product for periods longer than six months.
It was observed that certain substances present in the plastic (PE or PP) of new containers intended to contain FLOMAR®
10B40 may in some cases trigger a crystallization process of the product, with the formation of a white drag that settles on the bottom of the container. The formation of this precipitate, which however does not alter the characteristics of the product in any way, can be avoided by using containers that have already contained the product or that have been cleaned up with a diluted solution of hydrochloric acid.
10B40 is produced through a dedicated exclusively inorganic process based on the acid digestion of Al(OH)3. Only demineralized water is used, and all the other raw materials are obtained by using inorganic processes, therefore the produced FLOMAR®
10B40 is completely free from organic impurities.
Packaging, storage, handling
10B40 is supplied in tankers from 12 to 28 tons.
All equipment in contact with the product, from storage to dosage, should be in acid-resistant material.
For handling and any other information concerning users’ safety and health, please refer to the Material Safety Data Sheet. which should be peremptorily requested at the time of the first order.
Chemical and physical features
- Formula: Alm - (OH)a - Clb
- Titre: 10% Al2O3
- Molecular weight: variable
- Appearance: colourless or slightly straw-yellow clear liquid
- Odour: typical
- pH (20°C): 2,4
- Freezing point: -11°C
- Solubility: complete in water
- Relative density (20°C): 1.2 g/cm3
- Viscosity (20°C): 4 Cp
For any other information on FLOMAR®
supply conditions or modalities of use, the following telephone numbers are available:
Sales Office of Florence: +39 / 055 / 47.55.41
Sales Office of Marano Veneziano: +39 / 041 / 56.74.260
Quality Control Laboratory: +39 / 041 / 56.74.216
WARNING: The information contained in this data sheet is based on our most up-to-date knowledge: users are anyway required to follow the instructions contained in safety data sheets. All indicated data, taken from specialized bibliography, serve to illustrate the features of the product, but cannot be considered as specifications. This document cancels and replaces all previous.
Safety data sheet